Chair of the Department of Nonwovens
Professor of Textile technology at Faculty of Textile Engineering, Technical University of Liberec, Czech Republic.
Former Rector (President/Chancellor) of the Technical University of Liberec, Liberec, Czech Republic, 1997 – 2002.
Prof Lukas‘ research is motivated by increasing number of textile materials application for hygiene disposable products, biomedical materials, and technical textiles. His focuses are also including development of new textile innovative materials, particularly nano-nonwovens, with new and unusual properties using quite new ultrasound based technologies that will save energy and material mass.
He also studies the influence of surface tension and temperature on electrospinning of nonwoven webs.
Another part of his research is to promote lab scale experiments with electrospinning to a fabrication of innovative materials as biomedical materials and smart fabrics with unusual filtration and transport properties.
- Application of ultrasound for an enhancement on nonwoven technology
- Computer simulation of wetting phenomena in fibrous mass using Auto-models.
- Mechanical properties and behavior of nonwovens and fiber lattices
- Stereology of fibrous materials.
- Computer simulation of mechanical properties of fibrous nets.